Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Skew on romance





Ahhh romance...you know what I'm talking about. Flowers. Serenades. Kissing in the rain. You've all seen the movies. That's romance...or is it?

In high school I had what script writers would consider the worlds most romantic boyfriend. He bought me flowers every week. He played guitar and sang to me and made me mix tapes. He planned elaborate surprises for my birthday. Thing is flowers get old and sometimes you get surprised with things you don't like (a night at the circus for example). Don't get me wrong, he's a good guy and I wish him well, but it just wasn't for me.

Now that I am older and wiser romance is a whole different thing. Romance is the way my husband stepped up big time when I was put on bedrest with boy2. He took care of me, the house and boy1 pretty much all by himself.

It's the way that my hubby makes it clear that even though I don't recieve an actual paycheck as a stay at home mom he still respects the job I do.

It's the way that he brings me tea at night while I put boy3 to bed.

He doesn't sing to me, but he shares his iTunes library with me.

I don't get flowers very often, but I'd rather see that money go into our 401k so that we can have a long happy life together.

We don't kiss in the rain, but he did dig my van out from under 3 feet of snow.

Don't get me wrong, it's not all unicorns pooping rainbows at our house. We have our ups and downs. But I know that he loves me and our kids and that hes always going to come home to us, even if he isn't carrying flowers.


- Posted by Krista from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. who was that???? bf??

    lmaooo


    so funny that i know you

    - unicorns pooping

    killed me.
    lmao
    i totally agree with your skew
    and i love that he brings you tea

    SO NICE.
    xoxo
    supah

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that unicorn would quit pooping snow on your car, he wouldn't have to dig it out!!!

    Love it!

    Thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. It so strange how your idea of romance changes after being married and having kids. If I come home and hear the dishwasher and washing machine going I'm ready to give it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've summed up true love rather nicely in this lovely tribute! It sounds like you are a very blessed girl, indeed! Congrats!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    P.S. GO BROWNS!!! (Sorry, I just HAD to get you back!!)

    ReplyDelete