Sunday, February 28, 2010

All about MeMe:First Kiss

Disclaimer: I am not making this up. This is how my first kiss went down. Not much in my life would seem as though it came from a schmaltzy motion picture, in fact I think that this is the only event.

What you are about to read is true to the best of my recollection.

It was the summer of 1987. I had gone away to summer camp for the first time. While there I met a nice young man named Alex. We both happened to be staying for two consecutive sessions, meaning that we were there during the time that most other campers had gone home.

Saturday evening we were sitting on a white bench watching the sunset. (The photo is of the actual location where the kiss took place.) I was lying on my back with my head on his lap. I closed my eyes for a moment and suddenly he was kissing me.

It was a very nice 12 year old kiss. Nothing creepy, no tongue, just sweet. Alex and I entered into a long term preteen relationship that lasted for 3 more days, until I met Hudson.

Alex and I actually remained friends for many years, long after I had forgotten Hudson (which isn't even his name because I can't remember it).


- Posted by Krista from my iPhone

8 comments:

  1. LOL! I love how you mention the 'long term' relationship that lasted for 3 days. Isn't that what it's like when you're a teen? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! All I got from my stay at summer camp was a bazillion bug bites! A first kiss sounds so much nicer than scratching and scarring :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read "12 year old" I started to freak out...my daughter will be 12 this year. Ugh...now I know what is ahead of us. I might have to start keeping a closer eye on her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet story. How can you remember 12? You must not be as old as me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it.... our notions of long term were so different when we were young!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet! Mine wasn't sweet...it was a dare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really cute story. Wow - did you have that picture readily available?

    ReplyDelete