Monday, February 1, 2010

Menu Monday




This weeks menu theme is eating less meat. I watched Food, Inc over the weekend and as a result I'm trying to be more selective about the foods I feed my family. I'm trying to move toward mor organic meats, but organic meat is about 3 times more expensive than regular meat. If we cut our meat consumption in half it will be easier to stomach the extra cost. I'm aiming for 4 meatless dinners this week.

Monday - chicken corn chowder

Tuesday - veggie curry. This got bumped last week.

Wednesday - leftover curry

Thursday - fajitas. These get loaded up with peppers and avacado so they don't use too much meat.

Friday - leftover fajitas

Saturday - falafal. Thanks to Kate for this one.


- Posted by Krista from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you're going to make falafel! It's one of my all time favorites. Would you mind sending me your recipe for veggie curry? I'd really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete