Monday, February 15, 2010

Menu plan Monday - big dig edition





Well, we are finally free of the snow (although my kids may never see the inside of a classroom due to 10 foot ice piles on every sidewalk). We did some serious grocery shopping yesterday, so I am stocked up for the rest of the month. So here is a hearty menu fit for post shoveling fuel ups.

Sunday & Monday - tamale pie - I love this stuff. We make an extra one and freeze it for another day.

Tuesday - Steaks with blue cheese butter - yum! Fabulous dry aged steaks were on sale at Wegman's

Wednesday & Thursday - Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Ricotta, and Peas - this is something a little on the logger side.

Friday & Saturday - Pan-Fried Fresh Salmon Cakes - I love these! I make them with a creamy lemon dill sauce. On nom nom nom.

Added due to popular demand - blue cheese butter

INGREDIENTS
3 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened
1 1/2 ounces blue cheese (mild), room temperature
1/8 teaspoon table salt
2 tablespoons minced fresh chive
INSTRUCTIONS
Combine butter, cheese, and salt in medium bowl and mix with stiff rubber spatula until smooth. Fold in chives. While steaks are resting, spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons butter on each one.


Enjoy you week. I'm off to shovel the 4-6 inches of snow were expecting to land on top of the 3 feet already in my driveway.


BTW. Don't forget to check in tomorrow to see my entry into the first supah survivor challenge.

- Posted by Krista from my iPhone



2 comments:

  1. Steaks with blue cheese butter?! Oh god, that sounds amazing! I have a hard time paying full price for beef, I should keep an eye on it and then make this. It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I have a steak left over from Valentine's Day...blue cheese butter may have to go on my menu this week too! My other half is veggie so maybe I'll try stirring some into some Spaghetti for him while I devour my sirloin, nom!

    ReplyDelete