Sunday, January 24, 2010

My little echo

Don't you just hate it when you hear your words emerging from the mouth of your child? Nothing slaps me in the face harder than when one of my choice and often used phrases comes flying at me out of their lips. For example:

Boy2: I can't take this anymore.
Me: you can't take what anymore?
Boy2: all of this - making wide sweeping gesture around the room.

I couldn't immediatly determine exactly what was threatening to send him over the edge. Could it be the pepperidge farm goldfish ground into the carpet? Perhaps it was the fact the he had to dress himself from the laundry basket every morning. Was his steady diet of fruit roll-ups and baby carrots finally catching up with him? That's when I realized that he had misplaced one of his 2x2 duplo pieces and could not complete his masterpiece. I dig around under the couch for a few minutes (what? Where do you keep your legos?) and eventually emerged with a slightly yogurty red 2x2 duplo. Tragedy averted, until next time. Stay tuned for "I don't have time for this".




- Posted by Krista from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Lmao!! Thats not that bad... My son and I were driving in the car.. and Ill say I have a bit of road rage! On this particular day I slammed on breaks b/c these people pulled out in front of me and out pops " damn dumbass people, come on!" I felt horrible but bout died laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS!!! Kids say the funniest things! but it's always scary when the toddlers start quoting their parents.

    ReplyDelete