Every year around this time my gym is innundated by resoulotioners. These folks show up on the first Monday after new years (aka today) to start their new work out routine. Great, good for you. Now get out of my way. We all know that 80% of you will be gone by March. And while you are here you will crowd up the showers, make me wait for a treadmill and arrive at yoga class late and think you can jam you mat into the 6 inch space between me and the mirror.
So that I don't have to kill you, here are some handy tips to follow for the next 3 months.
1. Treat the locker room as though it were your own bathroom. You don't leave wet towels on the floor in your bathroom, don't leave them on the floor in the lockerroom showers.
2. Wear a damn towel. I don't care how fabulous your butt looks, I don't want to see it.
3. Don't color or perm your hair in the lockerroom. You know all those reasons why you don't want to do it at home, well that is why I don't want you doing it in my lockerroom. If you just can't stomach the mess in your own bathroom, pony up and get it done professionally.
4. Don't chat on your cell phone while you are on the treadmill. This us just a personal pet peeve.
5. Yoga starts at 4. If you arrive late you screw with everyones chi.
Thank you for your time. Enjoy the next three months and I'll see you again in January.
- Posted by Krista from my iPhone