Sunday, January 24, 2010

menu plan Monday - Home Alone edition





This week my husband is traveling for work. When he is gone meal planning generally goes to hell. I take the kids out to eat, we buy pizza or we eat Cheetos for dinner (Okay...the last one isn't really true - the kids have to eat carrot with their Cheetos). I'm going to try to do better this time. I am sticking to kid friendly and easy to prepare meals.

Sunday - Leftover pork chops

Monday - Beef Stroganoff. The mushrooms can sometimes present a bit of a challenge, but the kids will generally eat this up.

Tuesday - Leftover Stroganoff

Wednesday - Slow cooker vegetable curry. My kids love this. They are rather adventurous eaters.

Thursday - Leftover curry

Friday - Chicken saltimbocca. This is chicken with sage and prosciutto. Hubby should be back by Friday so i'm planning something a little more grown up.

Saturday - talapia. My kids will inhale talapia.

Sunday - Chicken Corn Chowder. This is a personal favorite of mine. After a full week alone with the kids I think I deserve a little something special.

Well, there you have it. I'm keeping the faith that this plan is easy enough to make and to get my kids to eat that I will stick with it. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a menu-planner all the way...we couldn't survive at this point without it! Just not in our budget :( My family has pretty much learned that if you don't like it... you won't eat at all LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really good. Please let me know if you have any leftovers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pshhhhh...when the prince is out of town it's pb&j all week. It's their favorite meal! I get tired of them complaining about what I cook. (And I'm a good cook! they are too picky.)

    ReplyDelete