Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas - the aftermath


Well, Christmas is over. The gifts are all unwrapped, the cookies are delivered, and the in-laws are on their way home. I have to admit that as much as I like christmas, I love the days after christmas even more.

The kids are enthralled with their new toys, there are tons of leftovers in the fridge and chocolate (and just about everything else) is on sale at Target.

I learned a few lessons this Christmas season.

1. Baking 16 different types of cookies is overdoing it. Next year I vow to only bake 4 different varities of cookies. Seriously. Hand to God.

2. As my kids get older, their gifts get better. My son got a rocking DS game from Santa. He has to sleep eventually and then I will have that DS.

3. When roasting a turkey make sure that you digital thermometer is set to fahrenheit not celsius. It takes a really long time for a turkey to reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees Celsius. (I realized my error around 95 degrees Celsius, so the bird wasn't a complete loss).

4. Maybe the best part of christmas is when it's all over and you can enjoy a few days off.
- Posted by Krista from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. LOL That's a really WARM turkey! :) Was it still okay with gravy on top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have simplified my life to bake only one kind of cookie - butter spritz. I crank them out in a couple hours. They freeze easily in a ziploc bag. And I still have a ton of variety of cookies at my house (way too much bakery, really) because of all the items that get shuffled around. I even put my cookies in the freezer to enjoy them next month. I'm a little fussy with cookies. I feel like a variety tray ends up tasting all the same - the flavors blend in and the cookies get ruined. I guess I'm a little strange that way. Glad you had a good Christmas though!

    ReplyDelete