Saturday, November 14, 2009

Maintenance

Getting something clean is one thing, keeping it that way, I'm finding, is quite another.

I have been trying very hard to keep the buffet clean. This has been harder than I expected. When I initially cleaned the thing off there was a sort of "wow" factor. You know
"Wow! That's where I left my cell phone", or "Wow! who knew dust bunnies could get so large" You get the idea.

Keeping something clean is much less impressive. Once it is cleaned off there is only room for failure. The buffet has experienced a sort of clutter crawl. One day it was a few crayons. The next it was the remote for my laptop. Then my hubby put the crockpot on there. This is how it starts....so small...so innocent before you know it you are back where you started. I am proud to say, however, that I nipped it in the bud and cleared the blossoming clutter this evening.

This marks a whole week that the table has been clean....I believe that may be a record.

Stay tuned for next week's cleaning event...and it's a doozy let me tell you!! Also don't forget to submit your design ideas for the contest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment