Wednesday, June 24, 2009

knitting Guilt

I have a few more little baby knit items to show off. There are two pairs of socks. One is bigger than the other, but I think that I got the proportions right on the second (all blue) pair. Babies have such funny shaped fat little feet that it's hard to get it just right.






The second is a little hat that I wipped up last night.



With the hat and the socks I have used up almost all of my Dalegarn Svale yarn. I really only have scraps left. If my calculations are correct (and lets just pretend that they might possibly be.) I have used up 3.546 yard of yarn since the last time I purchased yarn on March 19. Not too shabby.

I have started a pair of socks for my (currently) youngest son. For the past few weeks I have been knitting a lot of baby stuff. Everytime he sees me knitting anything we have the following conversation:

Him: What are you making?

Me: Socks.

Him : Are they for me?

Me: uhhh....no, they are for the baby.

Him: oh.

As I think I have mentioned, I am particularly succeptable to guilt. When it comes from an adorable little boy with white blond hair and big brown eyes I am putty in his hands. So, the Stripy socks are on their way. Stay tuned for the guilt induced aftermath from his older brother.

3 comments:

  1. Super cute socks. I love the stripey ones- they came out great. The hat is cute too! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just found your blog from the Blogging group on Ravelry. Really enjoyed reading your entries, and hope you'll update soon!

    You can check out my blog at http://www.atspinnersend.blogspot.com: it's totally fiber-related. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little stripy hat is soooooooo sweet! I love the soft colours. Gorgeous socks too. =]

    ReplyDelete