Saturday, June 27, 2009

and nothing to show for it.....

I've been diligently knitting on the guilt induced striped socks...though you'd never know it. The are several possible reasons for this. Either I'm a crazy anal retentive perfectionist or I'm too stupid to plan ahead and knit a darned swatch.

After I knit the socks (from the toe al the way up to the beginning of the leg) I decided that I didn't like the way the heel looked (even though I had already re-knit parts of it 3 or 4 times). So I pulled out the whole heel and started over. After I re-re-knit I had my son try the sock on. Turns out it's too big. Not only is it too long, but too wide as well.

If I weren't a crazy perfectionist I would have just thought that he'll eventually grow into the sock. If I weren't too stupid not to knit a swatch I wouldn't have had this problem in the first place.

Either way...I pulled it back to the toe and started over...So I have nothing to show for my effort. Check back tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I do exactly the same thing! In fact, I have been working on a scarf for the past three weeks and after all the frogging I've had to do I have exactly one row to show for it. Sigh. I wish you patience. =]

    ReplyDelete