What you will need:
The Dry Ingredients -
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
The Yummy Ingredients -
1/2 cup (2 oz) dutch process cocoa
2 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup HOT coffee
The Other Ingredients -
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
The Optional Ingredients -
1 adorable assistant
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the hot coffee to the cocoa and chocolate. Mix it around until the chocolate melts.
- Mix together the Other Ingredients.
- Stir the Yummy ingredient mixture into the Other ingredient mixture.
- Stir everything into the dry ingredients.
- Pour everything into an 8 x 8 pan that you have greased or sprayed with Pam or something.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for about 2 hours, or as long as you can stand it.
At this point your cake is done. This cake can be dressed up or down in any way you like. 3-year-old assistants like theirs with Easter sprinkles.