Sunday, May 31, 2009

Birthday Party

Saturday was the big pirate birthday party. After several weeks of planning and many hours of prepping, it was two really fun hours.

Since it was a pirate party, the invitations were, of course, treasure maps.
Each one was rolled up and hand delivered. We considered putting them into bottles and sealing then up with a cork and wax for authenticity, but since we only had beer bottles I feared that it may be a little uncouth for a 3 year old's birthday party.
We went on a scavenger hunt for our pirate swag. Here is picture of the birthday boy all decked out in full pirate mode. I think that the mustaches really made the difference!


Finally, there was of course cake.
Since I'm not really supposed to be leaving the house, I ordered the cake by phone, meaning that I couldn't pick out a pirate themed picture. I figured I would just go with black and yellow balloons (black and yellow being pirate colors in my mind). As a warning, black icing is the devils confection. It will stain ANYTHING including lips, teeth, fingers, noses and probably the dining room carpet. Further, it passes, unaltered, through the digestive tract of a 3 year old. Make of that what you will.

My goal for the week was to make it through the birthday party without going into labor....so mission accomplished there. My new goal is to make it to my 10 am doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment